- On the maturity of the scheme, an individual will be entitled to obtain a monthly pension of Rs. 3000/-. The pension amount helps pension holders to aid their financial requirements.
- The scheme is a tribute to the workers in the Unorganized sectors who contribute around 50 per cent of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- The applicants between the age group of 18 to 40 years will have to make monthly contributions ranging between Rs 55 to Rs 200 per month till they attain the age of 60.
- Once the applicant attains the age of 60, he/ she can claim the pension amount. Every month a fixed pension amount gets deposited in the pension account of the respective individual.
- For self employed shop owners, retail owners and other vyaparis
- Entry age between 18 to 40 years
- Annual turnover should not exceed Rs 1.5 crore
- Covered under any National Pension Scheme contributed by the Central Government or member of EPFO/NPS/ESIC
- An income tax payer
- Enroled under Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana administered by the Ministry of Labour & Employment or Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, respectively
- Aadhaar card
- Savings Bank Account number with IFSC
National Pension Scheme for Traders and Self Employed Persons Yojana is a government scheme meant for old age protection and social security of Small Scale Traders and Retailers.
Vyaparis, who are self-employed and are working as shop owners, retail traders, rice mill owners, oil mill owners, workshop owners, commission agents, brokers of real estate, owners of small hotels, restaurants and other Vyaparis with similar occupations whose annual turnover does not exceed Rs 1.5 crore are eligible to get benefit under the scheme.
It is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme under which the beneficiary would receive a minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining the age of 60 years and if the beneficiary dies, the spouse of the beneficiary shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension as family pension. Family pension is applicable only to spouse.
Should not be
He/ She should possess
Designed and Developed by CSC eGovernance Services India Limited (CSC SPV)
©2023 Ministry of Labour & Employment. All rights reserved.